The king is naked!


 Earlier, I found this word in books and it sounded "aristocratic" to me, like some nobles or some special breed.

My mistake.

I understood the true meaning of the word (difficultly) when my rigid, neighbor sold his house to whom else but the "nouveaux riches."

Where does such a phrase come from in the first place? Often nomen est omen, I firmly believe that names can say a lot.

So, the "nouveaux riches" arrived, and became something. "Nouveaux riches".

But barely.


Whether because of the way they came to it or because of their origin which they are ashamed of, they become pseudoclass. I don't know.

But they represent an interesting social phenomenon:

Someone who has seen an urban way of life somewhere and paid everything that can be paid, just in case.

After all, asphalt is a symbol of the city and urbanism, and where will I park two pairs of cars?

It doesn't go on the grass, even though I'm in the countryside.


Once upon a time, the "nouveaux riches" had style, and talked about business in special cabinets, while sipping some good drink, slowly, leisurely.

Today, such jobs are done on the terrace in the evening hours, on the mobile phone, for everyone to hear.

Because important conversations are being held, and it needs to be public, for everyone to hear. (Like on a bus, when someone on the phone says that there is dinner in the oven-Like anyone wanted that info.)


Today's "nouveaux riches" are therefore loud, they have business conversations, "I'll take care of it", I"ll get that sorted for you, brother", etc.


And when the summer season comes, they jump into the pools, like whales, loudly.

So, these are the "nouveaux riches".

But, class Can not be bought.

“Class” is not connected to wealth. It is the steadfast consideration of and demonstrated respect toward those whose company we keep. There are many “classless” rich people whose behavior is shabby.

That reminded me of a famous Andersen story about a king and his "new clothes".And anyone who doesn't see these "divine" clothes, was stupid.

But the honest little killed shouted: "The king is naked!"

The king is naked




No comments:

Post a Comment

Towanda!