International women's Day


On the occasion of International Women's Day, I have long had a certain unease, contrary to the holiday.

I used to worry about whether I would be given carnations at work and how many (once it was actually done, the deputy director drew them out of a large cardboard box). And then there are those plants (because women, you know, like to repot them...). None of the flowers from those plants ever survived for me.

All that artificial pomp...

Actually, it's a slap in the face to women. Does that mean they are only given gifts and respect on that one day?

And where is the sincerity when someone gives something out of social convention, because it's expected?

If they really want to show their concern, they should give women a day off.

This reminded me of a good old joke "I don't want gum, I want change" (which originated when saleswomen gave chewing gum to children instead of change).

I don't want carnations, I want a day off!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Towanda!