Towanda!

A few days ago, I realised i was 44. Meh. I wasn't particularly excited about it, but it's just a fact. Even Johnny's lyrics don't help anymore: "I don't look pretty, I don't careee..." Or that phrase "Age is just a number"...

 Okay, I'm not old, let's not exaggerate. But yesterday, a girl addressed me using "vous" (formal "you") even though I was using casual talk of today's generation.

And then there's my child. My little monster asked me yesterday, "How old are you, Mom?" I answered with a bit of apprehension, expecting an honest response from a child. "Oh my gosh, Mom!" they exclaimed, laughing and falling to the floor in shock.

Phew.



My own child.

Then they comforted me: "You're not old man, Mom!

God.It looks like getting older is some kind of disease.

When I came to my senses, I realized that the old saying "you're as young as you feel" isn't just a cliché.


Now I feel like Kate.

Wonderful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Towanda!